Evilynn's Reviews > Inside WikiLeaks: My Time with Julian Assange at the World's Most Dangerous Website

Inside WikiLeaks by Daniel Domscheit-Berg

Feb 21, 11

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, non-fiction
Read from February 20 to 21, 2011

This was a more interesting and rewarding read than the Guardian Wikileaks book, but I dont think Domscheit-Berg should (or will) aspire to a career as a writer. There is so much hopping back and forth and so much absolutely pointless detail that I can't for the life of me believe there was an editor involved. Why didn't the ghost writer remove some of the dead meat from the text? Nevertheless, it's an interesting look at how a really small NGO went from obscurity to worldwide phenomenon. Domscheit-Berg also goes more into detail in regards to how some of their leaks were handled.

Der Spiegel said it read like the tale of a spurned lover, and to a certain extent they're right. Domscheit-Berg seems to have really looked up to Assange, eventhough they must have made an odd pair, to say the least.

I'm going to read the Assange book too, once it's out, to complete the trifecta. I wonder if he's got a better ghostie than DDB.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inside WikiLeaks.