Mikaela's Reviews > Merely Magic

Feb 24, 11

bookshelves: historical-paranormal-romance
Read from February 21 to 24, 2011

The Book: Merely Magic by Patricia Rice

The Particulars: Historical Fantasy Romance, Sourcebooks, available both in print and e-book

Why was it in my TBR? Because I wanted to something to cheer me up

The Review:

The blurb:
With exhilarating wit, sensuality, and emotion, bestselling author Patricia Rice offers an enchanting historical romance. When a magical young woman meets a dark aristocrat in a moonlit forest, neither dreams that a strange and powerful love is about to change their lives forever....

My impressions:

I picked this up a year ago, and fell in love. When I read that she had sold the series to Sourcebooks, I got really happy.
Drogo, Earl of Ives and Wystan is a scientist, that don’t believe in magic. Ninian Malcolm Siddons have grown up in Wystan. She accept that she is a witch. Both characters are strongwilled. And they are so different, but watching them carve out a life together was fascinating. There were moments in this book that made me smile. And other scenes made me cry. My heart went out to Ninian when she tried to get Drogo to believe. In her powers, and in his brothers. Despite the obstacles, they get their HEA.
I finished this book with a happy sigh. This is a heartwarming book, not as funny as some of the other books in the series. But oh so good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Merely Magic.