Ami's Reviews > Between the Pipes

Between the Pipes by Stephani Hecht

Mar 03, 11

bookshelves: mm-short-stories
Read in March, 2011

The first book Offside Pass is one of the most heartfelt of Stephani Hecht's stories; so I definitely excited with this one, since it's Trey's story (and he has suffered such hard life, I cannot help for wanting him to have his HEA)

Unfortunately, this story suffers from its length. It is tad too short for building the kind of relationship I want to see from Trey and Wade. It has a very good basis for conflict, since Wade is a cop, and it's complicated because of Trey's past. However, the focus sort of shift in the middle, since Stephani inserts Brock (the oldest brother) to interact with Trey, and it takes away the build-up that I want to see. When it comes in the end, I feel like there is not enough intensity, and Wade seems to accept everything that happens without Trey actually tells anything about it. It's too bad, since I like these brothers.

Still, I give it an extra half stars (from the so-so 3 stars) because I do like Trey ... and I love how he interacts with the kids when he coaches them.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Pipes.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions as good as first, better than? (I know your review is coming but just curious on if i should get it now or wait)

message 2: by Ami (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ami There, I put up the review :)