ivet's Reviews > Populazzi

Populazzi by Elise Allen

Feb 20, 2011

Read in February, 2011

This is the story of a girl Cara Leonard that because of an incident in her childhood which brought her to be rejected throughout her school life, but allowed her to meet her best friend, always did want to be part of the popular girls. but her chance comes when she has to change schools, so her best friend Claudia hatches a plan "the ladder", which is governed by a basic principle: relationships, having a boyfriend is not well positioned on the scale social will get you to another that is better positioned and then get to the point where you become Supreme Populazzi. And this happens as is planned, but along the way many things happen some errors that may not be able to remedy. Once she is in the top find the world she always wanted to be and questioned about if she take the right decisions and if they are worth it, and even after them her life will be any good.

I must say I love love this book, itcaught me on the first pages. And what I like is that I kept waiting to see what could happen and at some point I was not sure what would happen. There is something I find great in the book, and is the fact that it leaves a good message about who you are, being aware of it, what would you be willing to do for a place in society, being popular, if you're willing to risk what you have for a popular place among the school, accepting each of the consequences that would bring even if it means losing yourself and the ones you care about.

As for the characters I loved them, it has all types of personalities you can imagine, very entertaining sometimes full of surprises and the main character Cara is someone many can be identified.

*I got this book through NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Populazzi.