Ronda Tutt's Reviews > Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Aug 20, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from August 09 to 20, 2011

Where to start is the question. I’m highly disappointed in this book. This was a book full of information into the back grounds of the fae and vampires and how they relate to Sookie’s Grandparents past. There was not one exciting event or shocking episode in this read besides Eric’s maker promising him to a queen in Oklahoma before his death.

After reading this book all I gained from it was that Sookie takes a lot of hot showers and still has Eric and Bill madly in love with her. The only thing this book left the reader to look forward to in the next book is when and if Sookie uses the Cluvier dor (an ancient romance gift that the fae give their true loves that was left to her from her grandmother) to change her destiny or the destiny of one of her love ones.

The book didn’t totally suck because Charlaine Harris’s smooth writing speaks for itself but I wish there would have been more action within the book and maybe even a little erotic love scene. Maybe in the next book we will see this, I sure hope so.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Reckoning.

08/20/2011 page 290

message 1: by jD (new) - rated it 4 stars

jD you forgot the qui si cliffhanger ending.

Ronda  Tutt jD wrote: "you forgot the qui si cliffhanger ending."

I guess I was so disapointed I just wasnt to thrilled about anything in this book - LOL

message 3: by jD (new) - rated it 4 stars

jD I went in knowing it was a bust so it only went up from there. It really does feel like I am listening to one of my old southern neighbors when I read the books. I live such a high stress life now that I look for any opportunity to remember the good aspects of having grown up in the south. That's worth 3 stars alone. There was no real plot development to speak of. I am actually starting to like the HBO show because of the action.