Judy's Reviews > Snoop: What Your Stuff Says About You

Snoop by Sam Gosling

Mar 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, non-fiction
Read from February 20 to March 03, 2011

This book was more psychological than I expected. Not being big on reading psychology I wasn't sure what I was in for, but was pleasantly surprised as indicated by my 4 star rating. My original motivation for picking up this book was to find out why someone would snoop in a friend's medicine cabinet and bedroom. Mr. Gosling never gives the answer, in fact, he encourages the reader to do the same. However, after reading his book, I'm sure it has to do with his lower level of conscientiousness. (No, I'm not being mean, there is a test referenced in the book that measures this. He admits conscientiousness wasn't one of his stronger attributes.) Although, I find this annoying and rude I honestly have to say it was incredibly interesting how much information about someone could be gleaned from what's in the medicine cabinet, which way a spouse's picture is facing or a room with no pictures on the wall. I still don't think snooping is a fair trade off as a means to get more info about someone, but this book was a fun read. Quite frankly, Sam Gosling will never be invited to dinner at my house, but I'll probably read his next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snoop.

03/01/2011 page 137