Melanie Coombes's Reviews > Soul Mate

Soul Mate by Ronald Lewis Weaver

Mar 21, 11

bookshelves: first-reads, fiction
Read on March 20, 2011

I won this book through the goodreads giveaway program and was really excited about reading it. I was not disappointed. Soul Mate is the story of a forbidden love affair that develops between Claudia, a 26 year old high school teacher and her 18 year old student, Lance. Claudia comes from a small town in the Midwest. She arrives in the glamour laced world of Beverly Hills, CA, perhaps a bit naive. After assigning her class to write in diaries, Claudia is instantly attracted to Lance's literary talent, good looks and personality. After meeting his high powered family, Claudia realizes that a relationship is impossible with Lance. Or is it? Claudia and Lance believe themselves to be soulmates, but find they may have trouble convincing their family, friends and the rest of the world.
I had fun reading this book and found myself rooting for this unlikely couple rather than against them. This book is much more than a steamy love affair between a teacher and student. The story may be a bit unrealistic towards the end, but I really liked all the characters, and was riveted to the plot. Definitely worth a read!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Mate.