Shea's Reviews > For One More Day

For One More Day by Mitch Albom

2085387
Apr 05, 11

Read from April 03 to 04, 2011

I really enjoyed this book. In fact, I stayed up past my bedtime trying to get it finished :)
I picked this one up at (what else) a library book sale because I had read and enjoyed Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I wasn't disappointed. In fact, I think I enjoyed this novel even more. What I enjoy about Albom is he's able to get a lot done in a short amount of time. What I mean is, his books are never long, but he packs so much in to those 200 pages (more than a lot of authors do in 400).
I like how Albom makes you think about your own life and how you live it. I always enjoy a book that I feel leaves some sort of lasting impression on me and I feel like this one did. There were a couple of quotes in the book I really enjoyed, but I think my favorite was this: "It's such a shame to waste time. We always think we have so much of it (page 152)."
After I finished, it definitely left me with more of an appreciation for my mom and all that she's done for me. It made me want to spend more time with her (and other loved ones) while I can because the novel reminds you that we're not around forever, and neither are the people we love, and we should appreciate them while they are here with us.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For One More Day.