TheBookAddictedGirl's Reviews > I Am Number Four

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Mar 05, 11

bookshelves: read-2011
Recommended for: Everyone! Sci-Fi fans, in particular.
Read from January 03 to 05, 2011, read count: Once

I must admit, normally I don’t read alien-themed books, the only one really being Daniel X by James Patterson (which I loved, by the way). But this book had me gripped from the blurb, which is pretty impressive, as I tend not to like judging books by their covers.
I absolutely loved I Am Number Four, and it had me reading well into the night. Everything about it was incredible, from the characters to the writing style, the battle scenes to the sweet romantic ones. It literally has everything, first love, loss, dramatic fights, alien beings with the most mind-blowing powers – called ‘Legacies’ – and the most evil super-aliens I’ve ever read about.
The book revolves around Number Four, and how he begins to develop his Legacies so he can defeat the wicked Mogdorians and save his race, the Loriens. The Mogdorians destroyed the planet Lorien, after they had ruined their own from their own not-caring and ignorance. The Lorien people are beautiful, from the way they care for their planet and all on it, to the way they love: one partner forever, one true soulmate.
Nine children and nine guardians escaped the planet during the destruction, Number Four being one of them, in the hope that they will eventually be able to return to their planet. Number Four was an incredibly strong character, and I loved the way he saw things and the way he wrote. He falls for the human Sarah, a sweet all-American girl, and the scenes between the two of them are really touching. Four’s guardian is Henri, a compassionate man who never really got over the loss of his home, and who loves Four more than anything.
I must admit, I saw one of the twists coming before Four did, but there were loads I couldn’t predict. If I’d had time, I thing I would have been more than a little happy to sit down and read the three-hundred-and-sixty-odd paged book in one go. I really hope that there will be another book in the series out soon, as I would love to read more about the characters. This is a must-read for anyone who loves to be completely hooked from the word go, and even if you don’t normally like sci-fi novels, I would tell you to read it anyway. You will not be disappointed, and may even want to read more alien books. I’d say I Am Number Four is number one in my top-ten book-list of 2010, and is in my top-ten of all time.
Quick afterword, the book is going to be released as a movie soon, and I think it will be one of the best films ever, if they stick to the book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Number Four.

Quotes TheBookAddictedGirl Liked

Pittacus Lore
“And even if we were hunting vampires, what the hell is the Silly Putty for?”

Pittacus Lore
“It's the little mistakes that lead to big mistakes.”

Pittacus Lore
“When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.”