John Overman's Reviews > The Judas Strain

The Judas Strain by James Rollins

Oct 19, 2014

Read from February 20 to March 21, 2011

I think James Rollins is a fantastic entertainer of a novelist. This is the first of his that I have read. What appealed to me in the beginning was his crafty use of sensory language. He really knows how to tell a story, sentence by sentence, with an efficient word economy. As an adventure story, "The Judas Strain" definitely offers high-octane prose filled with telling details regarding Marco Polo, the human anatomy, and terrorist/pirate/special agent warfare. If you can allow yourself to sit back and enjoy some of the cartoonish scenes that are impossible to see play out in reality, then this is a great read! I will go back to Rollins, and I may visit other SIGMA Force novels, notably "The Doomsday Key." As I tend to approach books with an interest in how authors may use the forum of fiction to deeply explore the human condition, I will save my five-star rating for such masterful work. But without any regrets, I recommend "The Judas Strain" to anyone interested in a very well written modern adventure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Judas Strain.