Bee's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

I honestly have to say that this wasn't as good as the first three books in the series. However, I still loved it.

Clare's books have everything, they're perfectly designed and provide great values in terms of disproving common prejudices concerning the roles of women/men, the role of sexuality, interaction between age groups, or even inter-racial relationships...and thankfully there's also a lot of snarky humor to balance the political correctness!

I love the characters, and after this one both Simon and Alec have proven to be completely endearing characters; something that may have been a bit lacking in the previous installments of the series.

In a way this fourth book of the Mortal Instruments series reminds me a little of the fourth Harry Potter book, and if you've read both I think you'll understand how.

My favorite part of the book has got to be the UST... wow! With that said, it also has the most incredible cock-blocking WTF? moment...I'm still stunned!

I did cry once. Just a few tears, but still. It was a Alec moment, proving once again how much of a soft spot I have for boy-love!

And as usual, the characters never listen to my good advice and end up in situations you could spot a mile away...but what are you gonna do? Can't wait to see what the next book brings!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

Quotes Bee Liked

Cassandra Clare
“The alley and the music all fell away, and there was nothing but her and the rain and Jace, his hands on her. . . He made a noise of surprise, low in his throat, and dug his fingers into the thin fabric of her tights. Not unexpectedly, they ripped, and his wet fingers were suddenly on the bare skin of her legs. Not to be outdone, Clary slid her hands under the hem of his soaked shirt, and let her fingers explore what was underneath: the tight, hot skin over his ribs, the ridges of his abdomen, the scars on his back. This was uncharted territory for her, but it seemed to be driving him crazy: he was moaning softly against her mouth, kissing her harder and harder, as if it would never be enough, not quite enough —”

Cassandra Clare
“You're just worried they'll hire a male instructor and he'll be hotter than you."
Jace's eyebrows went up. "Hotter than me?"
"It could happen," Clary said, "You know, theoretically."
"Theoretically the planet could suddenly crack in half, leaving me on one side and you on the other, forever and tragically parted, but I'm not worried about that either. Some things," Jace said, with his customary crooked smile, "are just too unlikely to dwell upon.”

Cassandra Clare
“So what was that all about?"
"I think," Jace said, "that she asked if she could touch my mango."
"She said that?"
Jace shrugged. "Yeah, then she gave me her number.”

Cassandra Clare
“But maybe you never really had someone, she thought now. Maybe, no matter how much you loved them, they could slip through your fingers like water, and there was nothing you could do about it.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heidi I was left with the same feeling. It was good, but in one way I felt disappointed. mayybe it was the ending, idk.

message 2: by Bee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bee Heidi wrote: "I was left with the same feeling. It was good, but in one way I felt disappointed. mayybe it was the ending, idk."

Yeah, I don't know exactly what it was either...it just wasn't the same somehow!