Emily's Reviews > Coming Undone

Coming Undone by Lauren Dane

Jul 18, 13

bookshelves: opposites-attract, series, tattoos, bad-boys, betrayal, no-strings-attached, abused-heroine, bikers, states-washington, own-kindle
Read from July 30, 2012 to July 18, 2013

After raising his brother and sister when his parents died, Brody Brown never expected himself to truly get involved in a relationship that would require anything more than some shared intimacy. When he meets Elise Sorenson for the first time, he thinks he has had a glimpse of an angel. His new neighbor and her six year old daughter continue to draw his attention and now for the first time in his forty years he is wondering if they are what he has been missing all along.

I love this story, Brody is a charmer and Elise is shy and quite opposite of Brody but they work. The one thing I really enjoy about this story is it takes the time to unfold, like when you meet someone for the first time and that hesitant kiss with promise that it leads to something more, only to wait in anticipation to see if it actually does. Beautiful story.

***reread, this is such a great story. Brody is just yummy, he is badass but also a gentle giant.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coming Undone.

message 1: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Ooo, I like the sounds of that badass but a gentle giant. Nothing better. :) Nice one Emily.

Emily Wendy wrote: "Ooo, I like the sounds of that badass but a gentle giant. Nothing better. :) Nice one Emily."

This is a beautiful story and I liked that Brody and Elise don't play a game with one another, the drama in the story does not circle around how they feel about one another, more of a discovery between each other and not immediate either. Soft and sweet, but with edge.

message 3: by Melbie (new) - added it

Melbie Really sounds like my kind of story, looking forward to reading, thank you!

Emily Melbie wrote: "Really sounds like my kind of story, looking forward to reading, thank you!"

It is a good one and I like that they are so completely opposite and take it slow.