Tiffiane's Reviews > Fatal Justice

Fatal Justice by Marie Force

Apr 07, 11

bookshelves: netgalley, 5-star-favs
Read from April 03 to 07, 2011

The 2nd installment in the Fatal series doesn’t disappoint! Continuing the hot & steamy, suspenseful & action packed story of Sam and Nick and it picks up just a couple days after book 1 left off. I like the fact that not a lot of time has gone by before book 2 starts because it leaves the reader with less guessing on what happened in the “downtime”. I enjoy Force’s writing style as it is easy to read and flows well. The conflicts, demands and issues in this book are very real and some are even hot button issues in today’s society. The mannerisms and individuality Force gives her characters have “real life” quality to them and seems exactly like what I or my friends might say in that same situation or scenario.

I also really enjoy how much time and effort Force has put in to her secondary characters development. They are extremely integrated into the storyline, and are very important to the overall tone of the book. I enjoyed reading all the clever antics of Freddie, Gonzo, McBride, Skip, Celia, Christina and the rest just as much as I enjoyed reading about Sam and Nick. So many times authors forget to build the secondary characters, and end up leaving them in the dust. That doesn’t happen with Force and it is really quite funny to read about Freddie growing from a boy to a man in the space of just a few days.

I am a long time reader and lover of JD Robb’s In Death series. In my review of Fatal Affair, I briefly touched on the fact I felt there were similarities between these 2 series. I am still continuing to compare the similarities of Eve and Roarke to Sam and Nick with this second book. I think the storylines run parallel in tone but are still completely different. Sam is every bit as fierce as Eve is, yet also more soft and emotional. Sam wants kids so badly she can taste it, but Eve isn’t ready. These are some of the subtle differences between the two series, and yet there are still quite a few areas that they match on which makes this series a major hit for me! I am really enjoying the storyline and seeing how Sam and Nick evolve as a couple and can’t wait until book 3 comes out!

Thanks to the publisher, Carina Press, and NetGalley for allowing me the opportunity to read and review this book for free!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fatal Justice.

04/05/2011 page 100