Diane's Reviews > Sizzling Sixteen

Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich

Feb 20, 11

Read in February, 2011

I always look forward to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels. With this latest one, Sizzling Sixteen, I didn't find myself laughing out loud the way I usually do. Maybe I’m jaded, but somehow Stephanie and Lula’s ineptitude as bounty hunters doesn’t seem so funny to me anymore. It just seems annoying—and predictable. Just as predictable is Stepanie’s teaser relationship with the (it goes without saying they’re handsome) men in her life, Joe, the solid cop, and Ranger, the mysterious security person. Of course, they're living in fantasy land. No one can put away the food Stephanie and Lula do without ballooning to a huge size. Well, Lula is already big, but Stephanie remains svelte despite devouring donuts, cake, and fried chicken. She credits her good metabolism for her shapely figue, but metabolism can take a woman only so far.

It's apparent that the plot of this book is only the wire coat hanger to drape the action and strange characters on. Even the Hobbits put in an appearance, a good thing too, or Stephanie and the other lovable characters would be toast.

This book, as is the case with the others in the series, takes hardly any thought to read. If you're looking for pure escapism, this is the way to find it. And ignore what I have to say about it. I do believe I've lost my sense of humor. If anyone finds it send it home.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sizzling Sixteen.