Sally's Reviews > Murder in Italy: Amanda Knox, Meredith Kercher and the Murder Trial that Shocked the World

Murder in Italy by Candace Dempsey

Feb 20, 2011

Read from February 20 to March 01, 2011

Upon finishing Candace's book, I joined the ranks of those who actually feel that Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito might just be innocent. I'd suggest you read the book and decide for yourself! Author Bruce Fisher, in the introduction to his book Injustice in Perugia, points readers to Candace's book: "If you would like to read a far more detailed account of the people and places along with wonderful insight on Italian culture, I highly recommend Murder in Italy by Candace Dempsey..." How's THAT for free advertising! I concur that Candace covers the story thoroughly as well as offers important insights into the Italian culture that sought to seal Amanda's fate. We'll see how effective it was upon appeal. A most interesting read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder in Italy.

Sally Candace wrote: "Sally, you crack me up. Why the three stars? Give me a break, girlfriend

P.S. Love your avatar."

Candace!! The three stars were a tech glitch on my part for sure...I was probably trying to click something to post a review...I've amended my star system and will be more focused henceforth!

Sorry I had to miss our last class...I had a work-related event to attend. Let's do stay in touch, OK?

What are you working on now? The travel-guide that got sidelined when the events in Perugia unfurled?

Be well...Sally

Candace Dempsey Thank you, Sally. You've made my day! Glad that you liked my book.I too missed the last class. Yes, let's stay in touch.

I'm blogging about the case and will continue until Amanda's final appeal. My latest:

Amanda vs.the Heroin Dealer

Yes, I am working on the Southern Italy travel book, and the class was a huge help. Also I got to meet smart people like you.

Have a great weekend.