rachel's Reviews > Incarceron

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

Jul 20, 14

bookshelves: ya, sci-fi-fantasy, own, 2011
Read from February 20 to 27, 2011

Abstract in parts and not entirely successful at giving satisfying answers to all of the questions it raises (and it is high fantasy, so there are a lot of questions and curiosities).

I hadn't planned to read Sapphique, but it turns out that this book is a great conversation starter for club: we got so deep into discussing the world of Incarceron and the various levels of intrigue that the characters (especially Claudia, Jared, and the Warden) may or may not be involved in that even though I am rarely a Series Reader, I ran out to get the sequel the day after. I think that what happens in Sapphique will make or break this book too, so I'm reserving my final thoughts on Incarceron for when I'm done completely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incarceron.

02/26/2011 page 109
25.0% "I don't know if the problem is me reading the book while delirious with cold/cramps or if the problem is the book itself, but I'm a quarter of the way through and I still have to re-read many of the action scenes in order to be able to see wtf is going on."
02/26/2011 page 202
46.0% "Metal leaf storm = AWESOME. Also, I am team Claudia/Jared even though he seems too smart to live through this whole series."
show 3 hidden updates…