Dianna's Reviews > My Louisiana Sky

My Louisiana Sky by Kimberly Willis Holt

Feb 20, 11

Read on February 20, 2011

Twelve year old Tiger Ann Parker is from a poor family. Tiger and her parents live with her maternal grandmother in Saitter, Louisiana.

Tiger's parents are both considered to be mentally challenged. They are considered "different" by the town. It isn't until after the unexpected death of her grandmother that Tiger learns the reason her mother is different.

Tiger wants to be friends at school with Abby Lynn and her friends, but because she is poor and her mother is "slow" she is shunned and made fun of by them.

Tiger's only real friend is Jesse Wade Thompson, but when he gives her her first kiss she runs away from him.

When Tiger's grandmother dies her Aunt Dorie Kay who is her mom's sister comes down from Baton Rouge to make arrangements for the funeral and also someone to help out since Tiger's parents aren't capable of it.

Tiger always thought she would like to be different, but after going to Baton Rouge for a few days and then returning home she realizes that home reLly is where the heart is.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Louisiana Sky.