oliviasbooks's Reviews > The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin

It's really not bad. Well written fantasy full of gods, magic, murder, danger, political plotting and some sexual tension. I even kind of like the heroine. But the interruption drained most of my curiosity. Therefore I abandon this book around page 180.
Teccc, I am positive that you would like this story. If it is okay with you I send my copy your way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms.

08/27/2011 page 51
12.0% "I like it. I have to ponder a little about the question of which fantasy series this setting reminds me The Trickster books by Pierce ... and maybe the beginning of Graceling ... and ... mmh I'll get it."
08/27/2011 page 80
19.0% "oh,the God business is tricky."
08/28/2011 page 142
34.0% "Bleak. Poor girl. She really has no ally and is even not sure anymore who her late, beloved mother was."
09/01/2011 page 166
39.0% "These strange gods make me so uneasy."
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa O. My rating is the same. I finished it and thought it was quite good but I did not understand all the hype nor the amount of awards it won. Mh.

oliviasbooks I didn't realise that there was a hype and even awards. And I don't understand either. Not bad, but not outstanding.