Hayden 's Reviews > The Dangerous Days of Daniel X

Feb 27, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: from-the-library, read-in-2011
read count: 1

I understand why some people didn't like this book, but I don't think it deserves a 1*. (2* at the very least)

Let me start by telling you the good things about this story. I haven't read anything like this with this kind of storyline (but I agree there are things like this - Star Wars, a little bit of Maximum Ride e.t.c) so it's quite original. There were a few surprises and I almost laughed out loud when Daniel found out he'd kissed Seth. That's pretty much all the good stuff about this book.

Making references to 'modern things' doesn't really make the story any better (why does he start to go on about Shia LaBeouf?!), if anything, it makes it sound like an adult is trying to fit in with teenagers and sound 'cool'.
I also got really confused when characters were introduced into the story. I couldn't tell if Daniel had 'created' them or not. Also, if he could create ANYTHING he wanted, why didn't he like, create a giant hammer and smash down the door to the room he's trapped in or something. There are so many obvious things that Daniel could have done in different situations in this book. He could have made something to stop him getting shot (a bullet proof vest for example, or his own gun to shoot Seth back).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dangerous Days of Daniel X.