Lucia's Reviews > Half-Blood

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

May 24, 11

Read from May 22 to 24, 2011

Read the full review at iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books.

Wowieeeee. I was instantly hooked by this book when I read the synopsis and saw the gorgeous purple cover, but that's nothing compared to what's actually inside the book. Jennifer Armentrout creates a butt-kicking, crime-fighting, people-protecting tough female protagonist that you just can't help not liking. One of my top favorite female main characters ever? Heck, yes. And I don't even want to go on about Aiden, because I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop. Two words: He's. Amazing. (Or is that three words, because the apostrophe takes the place of a letter...?) Poor Jace and Prince Ash. This guy can give them a run for their money.

I loved this book because while it had quite a few romantic parts, it fits and is written in a really enjoyable way. Armentrout creates a romance that seems completely real and not at all like that "soul-mate" stuff we get a lot. Alex and Aiden start off as really good friends, and it always melts my heart when Aiden says "Do you trust me?"

We have also have some pretty great supporting characters. Caleb is such a funny, supportive guy that is a good best friend. Lucky Alex gets two great guys in her life. And of course, every organization needs their queen bee, who in this case is Lea, a total b with an itch with stunning looks and a big head (figuratively speaking). While I felt like slapping her sometimes, she's not a complete terrorist all the time. I guess if you lose some really important people that happens to you. Marcus doesn't seem like an important character in the novel, and while he isn't actually in the book all the time, he kind of gets onto my good side in the end. I can't tell you how, though.

I was not disappointed at all from the beginning to the end. This book has everything: the scary monsters, the dangerous quests, the annoying family members, the steamy scenes... I just couldn't get enough of it. Talk about frustrating when I reached the end. I really hope Pure comes out soon, because I don't know how much longer I can hold onto my sanity. Guys, read this book. It's worth it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half-Blood.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney Edson That makes me want to read it. Like now.

Lucia Courtney wrote: "That makes me want to read it. Like now."

You should read it! Now!

message 3: by Sumayo (new) - added it

Sumayo I would seriously want to. If you liked this book I think you would also like Rick riordan books even more, cos its al half bloods and it also has a character like Aden in it too