OOSA 's Reviews > Don't Even Go There

Don't Even Go There by Brenda Hampton

Feb 20, 11

bookshelves: feburary-reads-of-the-month

Ladies, Watch Your Man!,

Just as with her previous titles, Brenda Hampton infuses her newest novel with a healthy dose of drama and sex. "Don't Even Go There" introduces readers to Chase Jenkins, a woman who knows what she wants and has no problem taking it, even from someone else. But her attitude and her actions quickly lead her to drama and possibly trouble.

Hampton offers an ambitious novel. Still, this reader was disappointed. Readers are made privy to some happenings in the main character's past as an explanation to her actions/attitude, but the surface is only scratched. Unfortunately, she was a character I couldn't fully embrace, either way. "Don't Even Go There" is a quick read as the pages are literally laced with drama. But it's that same drama that at time undermines the story.

Brenda Hampton is an extraordinary talent, and having read all her previous work, I found this one lacked a bit of luster in comparison. That said, I'm looking forward to her next novel.

Reviewed by: Toni

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Even Go There.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Orsayor (new)

Orsayor Reviews to rely on!