Iris Blobel's Reviews > Animal Magnetism

Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis

Feb 19, 11

Read in February, 2011

My second Shelves book, though I didn't get engrossed in it as much as the first one I read (Simply Irresistible) this one was still a page turner. Brady comes to Sunshine following an invite by his foster brothers Dell and Adam who run a veterinary centre and gets rear ended by Lilah on the very first morning he arrives ... and can't get his eyes and hands off her for the rest of his stay in Sunshine.

“Animal Magnetism” is a character driven story rather than a plot, but like “Simply Irresistible”, the characters felt real to me. I loved Lilah and felt connected straight away – she got hurt and only surrounds herself with people she knows and trusts sounds very (!) familiar to me. Brady is Shalvis’ typical male character, ticking all the right boxes, yet brought to his knees by the cutest dog, Twinkles. (Great scene when Brady tries to get twinkles to go to sleep :-)

This is the first book in another series by Shalvis and I do hope Dell will be next. I loved the little scene between him and Jade when they come to visit Lilah.

Favourite quote.... many!
“Let me get this straight. You can’t stop barking to save your own life, but you can roll over?”

3.5/5 stars :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Magnetism.