Elysa's Reviews > Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions

Enchantment by Guy Kawasaki

Mar 22, 11

bookshelves: marketing, business
Read from February 19 to March 08, 2011

Recently, I decided to stop reading marketing books because they all said the same thing. Had this book been written by anyone different or not pulled on my Apple fangirl cord I might not have read this book. I'm glad, however, that I decided to. This book is refreshing, a quick read, yet also one that keeps you thinking for a while. I actually gave myself several days to let it marinate before I wrote about it. After letting it digest for a few days I went back to revisited my underlines and scribbles, and as directed set myself an action plan. Guy's sign off at the end of the book is "Be well, do good, and kick butt" and that may very well sum up the entire message of the book!

Although this book is in theory is about business - "create a company as enchanting as Apple" - I'd say it's a good read for any professional, particularly young professionals looking to make friends and move mountains in the work force.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchantment.

02/19/2011 "Buying books would be a good thing if we could also buy the time to read them in; but as a rule the purchase of books is mistaken for the appropriation of their contents. - Arthur Schopenhauer"
02/21/2011 page 38
16.0% "What are your passions? Do you hide them under a bushel? Instead, tell the world that you love cooking, hockey, NASCAR, or knitting - whatever it is - because pursuing your passions makes you more interesting, and interesting people are enchanting." 1 comment
03/06/2011 page 113
47.0% ""Nobodies are the new somebodies in a world of wide-open communications" - @GuyKawasaki"