Brittany's Reviews > Delirium

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Feb 21, 11

Recommended for: Dystopia fans
Read from February 19 to 21, 2011, read count: 1

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect before I started reading Delirium. But after finishing it I can say that this book is amazing. The story is intense and very captivating.

Lena is just a girl living in a society where love or deliria is considered a disease. A cure has been developed by scientists that eradicates love and all teens must be cured when they turn 18. Lena cannot wait until the day of her procedure comes - only 95 days. But then Lena does exactly what she fears - she falls in love.

I think that the characters in this book are very well developed. Especially Lena. She starts off as a society follower who wouldn't think of disobeying them. But then she meets Alex who over a short amount of time completely changes her views on the life she has always known. I really liked both of these characters and the relationship they had. I love how their relationship actually 'developed'. Alex was great! I also liked Lena's Best Friend Hana. I think the relationship between her and Lena was very well done.

I think that Lauren Oliver is a brilliant writer - Delirium is a beautifully written book! She kept me captivated until the very end and oh my - that ending! Its just..wow..it was shocking. Can't wait for the sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirium.

Quotes Brittany Liked

Lauren Oliver
“Love: It will kill you and save you, both”
Lauren Oliver, Delirium

02/19/2011
12.0% "Its..interesting thus far." 2 comments
02/19/2011
25.0% "Quite interesting so far."
02/20/2011
40.0% "Enjoying this so far although I do hope it gets a bit better. Gimme some action! ;D"
02/21/2011
50.0% "Poor doggy!! Omg thats so sad ;~;"