Colleen's Reviews > The Shadow of the Wind

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Mar 17, 11

bookshelves: carlos-ruiz-zaf-n, didn-t-finish
Read from March 04 to 17, 2011

I wish I read this book before I read "The Prince of Mist". I very much enjoyed the prince of mist and I think I mistakenly assumed that "the shadow of the wind" would also have supernatural elements to it, but it doesn't. Its more of a love story so far.

My expectations have prevented me from seeing this book as it was meant to be understood. I'm half way through the book and I'll try to switch the genre in my head from supernatural to romance....hopefully that will help!?

Ok update...I only got a little more than half way through the book and couldn't finish it.The story just went on to long and didn't keep my interest. I am disappointed because I really liked the beginning of the book. Oh well..
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of the Wind.

Regina I read this years ago, but just loved it.

Colleen I've only just begun the book, but I know I'm going to love it as well. Carlos Ruiz Zafon is becoming my new favorite author :)

Yzobelle I'm excited for you! :) Looking forward to your rating and review of this book. Simply the best! :)

Colleen I'm still enjoying the book Yzobell, we can discuss it after I've finished :)

Yzobelle Fantastic! Looking forward. :)