Cali's Reviews > In Search of Mockingbird

In Search of Mockingbird by Loretta Ellsworth

Feb 19, 11

Read in February, 2011

In Search of Mockingbird is about a girl named Erin who thinks she is a outcast. Erin's mother died after she was born so Erin never got to know her. Erin used to ask questions about herto her dad but, her always seemed sad every time she talked about it so Erin stopped asking. The only connection she has to her mom is a copy of How to Kill a Mockingbird until her 16th birthday when she gets her mom's diary. She reads the diary and learns her mom wrote a letter to Harper Lee, the author of How to Kill a Mockingbird, on advice for writing. Erin looks for the reply to the letter but, she can't find it. Erin decides to go to Harper Lee's home in Monroeville to find the answer. Erin goes through a journey, makes new friends, and finds new things in herself. I can connect to Erin because my greatgrandpa died before I was born and I would have loved to hear stories from him. I liked this book because it makes you think deeply of people you never got to know. Erin didn't know her mother but, she missed her anyway. Erin went on a journey to find out who her mom was but, i find she also found out who she was. I would recomend this book toanyone from age 12 to 18 because they can realte most to Erin. Anyone can relate to Erin's feelings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Search of Mockingbird.