Debra's Reviews > Hyperion

Hyperion by Dan Simmons

Stephen King recommended author.

A wonderful beginning to the Hyperion series with a cliffhanger ending. I came to care deeply about the pilgrims as they progressed on their journey, a pilgrimage which could end in certain death, and told their individual stories. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hyperion.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou (last edited Jul 30, 2011 01:42AM) (new) - added it

Lou This is another sort of Magnus Opus i need to read along with It by king
, Swan song by Robert m, carrion comfort by dan and the tomb by Paul Wilson.

message 2: by Almeta (new) - added it

Almeta Maybe this will be the series that swings me over to Dan Simmons?

message 3: by Debra (last edited Jul 30, 2011 08:38AM) (new) - added it

Debra Lou wrote: "This is another sort of Magnus Opus i need to read along with It by king
, Swan song by Robert m, carrion comfort by dan and the tomb by Paul Wilson."

Read them all, Lou, and highly recommend each one. Paul Wilson's Repairman Jack series and interwined Adversary series, both starting with The Tomb, is great but a huge committment. If you want a list of all the books and stories and the order in which to read them, send me your email address and I'll send them to you.

Happy reading! I don't know how you keep up with your reading AND write long and wonderful reviews like you do!

message 4: by Debra (new) - added it

Debra Almeta wrote: "Maybe this will be the series that swings me over to Dan Simmons?"

That is quite possible! The series is classified as sci-fi, and there is sufficient mind-bending, geek-loving, space-time and future-weaponry stuff, but I think it mostly reads like a fantasy novel.

It may very well be the Dan Simmons series for you! Carrion Comfort might work for you, too. Song of Kali is a short one and quite good, too.