Kasey's Reviews > Darkness Unbound

Darkness Unbound by Keri Arthur

Nov 26, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, urban-fantasy, library
Read from November 22 to 26, 2011

I think Arthur has done a great job with this new spin off series. While this is the same world from Riley their are some new areas to explore. It is twenty years later and their will be small changes. Arthur has also made Risa her own character, she has classic werewolf traits, but she also has the Aedh traits. I am happy with the woman she has grown into. It's nice to see the little girl from Riley's series grown into a woman. I think Arthur has done a great job making this it's own series and characters despite being the world of a much loved series and seeing our favorite characters from the previous series. Trying to make the transition could have ruined this for a lot of authors and I'm glad she has pulled it off.

Risa is a strong woman who is an obvious survivor. I expect to see her make some mistakes along the way, but she will come out on top. We didn't have a clear love interest in this book, but their are lots of possibilities and lots of intriguing sexy men. Since Risa doesn't know much about them neither do we, but I expect the characters to expand in the future of the series. As we know from Riley's books love doesn't always come easy for werewolves or half-werewolves so there is no telling what the future holds. I really liked Risa's best friends and house mates and look forward to seeing lots of them in the future.

There were a couple of areas that dragged just a bit, but that's to be expected in a first book. Overall the book had lots going on and things progressed smoothly. I am without a doubt looking forward to the next book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Unbound.