Amanda Stephan's Reviews > Surrender the Heart

Surrender the Heart by MaryLu Tyndall

Mar 11, 2011

Read from February 19 to March 10, 2011

Two reluctant young people, engaged for all the wrong reasons.

He needed her money to further his family's business. She needed to marry to unlock her inheritance so she could save her beloved mother. Two hearts so intent on using the other for everything but love, can there be a reconciliation? Is it possible for two people so far apart to find the one thing they never expected?

Join Marianne as she chases loathsome Noah down after he deserts her and publicly humiliates her in front of everyone of importance. Watch in horror as a delightful set of circumstances abound to keep the two disinterested parties together - finally culminating in a heroic set of events that takes place in the War of 1812.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I had no desire to put it down. Ms. Tyndall has the ability to make you feel as though you were actually there in the thick of things by her spellbinding imagery. I look forward to reading more of her works, and highly recommend it to those who love historical fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender the Heart.