Jim's Reviews > The Inner Game Of Golf

The Inner Game Of Golf by W. Timothy Gallwey

Feb 19, 11

Read in March, 2011

I read this years ago but didn't finish it, although some of the ideas stuck with me. However, when you're into learning the game (once more) the mental tips and tricks you need become bigger than the physical ones of swinging the club. Trying to combine the two is the trick, and I think this book works best when you've mastered the fundamentals of golf. Unfortunately, mastering the fundamentals can take forty years. Gallwey's frustrations and fascination over golf helps colour the book, and many of his observations on the puzzles of the game will strike a chord with golfers everywhere. If you can hit a pure shot once, why can't you repeat it again? Is it because in a three hour game of golf you'll hit maybe a hundred shots, including putts, whereas in tennis you'd have the chance to hit over a thousand in the same time period? These and other questions are tackled and help you think about the game differently.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Inner Game Of Golf.