Bronwyn Rykiert's Reviews > Perfect Score

Perfect Score by Susan Roebuck

Feb 20, 11

bookshelves: e-book, family, friends
Read from February 17 to 20, 2011

I quite enjoyed this book, my first e-book.

Sam was living on the streets when Alex first meets him - Alex felt an instant connection to Sam and would have liked to talk to him some more but it was to be at this time. Alex was 15 and living with his rich uncle, Sam was 14 and had been living on the streets on and off since he was 7, such a different life to Alex. Roll on 5 years and Alex goes home to see his mother and stepdad and is surprised to find Sam working and living there. It seems that Sam did not remember Alex but Alex sure remembered Sam.

This story had lots of different things to tell and was written in a style that I quite liked. The chapters were broken up to Sam or Alex telling their tale and their thoughts.

Alex is a talented singer/songwriter and Sam though dyslexic has hidden talents as well - he is very good with animals and also wood working. Sam had to earn a living to help pay for his sister Amy to live in an assisted living home as she needed full time care.

It took some time for these two to get together and when they did it was written with such feeling, I was surprised how much I enjoyed the relationship. Because Alex was about to become a father Sam let him go. With the Epilogue you get to find out what happens in the years between Alex becoming a father and eventually changing his lifestyle so that he could be with Sam.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Score.