Jessica's Reviews > Sister Mine

Sister Mine by Tawni O'Dell

Feb 18, 11

Read in February, 2011

This was an interesting audio book for me. The story would have been great if ....
being abused by your dad was ok. No one ever reported the bastard. The author talked so calmly about staying with her dad when after she told him she was pregnant, he attacked her with a claw head hammer! She'd been raped, but couldn't bother to tell anyone because he was her dad's boss. She was afraid he'd lose his job. Who cares. He beat her many more times, but didn't ever report. She still had the scar. The boyfriend said he wanted to do something about it when she was 12 but couldn't. What? So he stopped being her close friend because it was too hard? How pathetic! I would have been out of there.

One other stupid thing is that her sister was a baby factory selling her babies for money. How so totally disgusting. I would not care to see my sister if she was like that. She'd had 10 babies that way! To make it worse, they give the 10th baby to the main character to raise. Why?

I probably won't read another one by this author. It did help me to get to bed at night though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sister Mine.