Kelly's Reviews > Dark Desires After Dusk

251943
Jun 12, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, 2011-favorites, read-in-2011, physical-books
Read from June 09 to 12, 2011

This series remains delectably entertaining, highly amusing and sexy as hell. I adore the different factions we're meeting throughout all these books and I'm still totally in love with the overlapping timelines we're getting from book to book.

In case you couldn't decode my flailing and subsonic noises, I loved this book. I thought the reasoning behind why Holly was still a virgin was brilliant. I thought Cade's semi-obnoxious, totally crude innuendo was fabulous. I thought that his slow breaking down of the mental walls she'd erected to preserve her innocence was well done (I do like it when those innocent minds get sullied, you know). I just... liked the book.

Randomly, I want to say that this series is like the light-hearted sibling of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunters series. I definitely mean that in a good way, too. It has this really big, epic feel, loads of characters, and the overall arc is moving toward a big event that feels like it's going to shake the mythology up. I love both of the series, but IAD isn't quite as angsty as those poor DHs.

And now the eternal question that those of us with massive TBR piles face every day: Do I break down and buy the rest of this series (one which I'm enjoying immensely and desperately want to read more of) or do I gird my loins, dive into one of the other series that I'm enjoying and take a small break from these delicious Immortals? I don't know what to do!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Desires After Dusk.