Kelly's Reviews > A Hunger Like No Other

251943
May 22, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, 2011-favorites, read-in-2011, physical-books
Read from May 21 to 22, 2011

I'm going to lay it all on the line here and announce that I really liked this book. What? No one's shocked by this? Yeah, me neither. Which is why I bought the first 6 books in this series without trying them on for size first. It could have turned into the type of reading fail that I lament for years to come but it didn't. Because, you know, the books are good. And sexy. And they have that whole forbidden romance angle going, which I love.

I think Emma's character impressed me the most. I had moments where I thought she was going to allow herself to be consumed by Lachlain's dominant personality and give him everything he wanted but suddenly she'd gather her courage and put her foot down and say NO. I liked that. She really grew into herself as the story progressed. I mean, there aren't many halflings who can take on the Lykaen King and get away with it. Well, that's what I'm guessing, at least.

As with The Warlord Wants Forever, the depth of the world Kresley Cole has created continues to astound. I love the different factions of supernatural beings and the mythology behind them.

Overall, it was a fun, sexy read with memorable characters and fast paced action.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hunger Like No Other.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Becky This was a great series, I hope you enjoy the rest :)