Kelly's Reviews > Halfway to the Grave

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

251943
Feb 22, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, 2011-favorites, read-in-2011, physical-books, urban-fantasy
Read from February 19 to 22, 2011

For the love of small, furry critters, this book was fabulous! It was literally everything I wanted in a book and MORE. It kicked me in the throat and made me gasp for breath. It made me teary-eyed (please note: no actual tears fell, it was just the threat of tears) at the swoon-worthy declarations of love. It had a kick-ass heroine who only got better as the story moved along. It had some bad guys who were despicable. IT WAS AWESOME!

*deep breath* Okay. I'm going to attempt this without fangirl flailing and hyperventilating. The adoration I currently feel for this book is akin to what a teenage girl must feel when she hears the name Bieber. Which I don't get, fyi. The hair alone is a huge turn-off. But that's neither here nor there. What I'm trying to say is that I have some serious fangirl love so this review is going to be harder to write than you'd think. You know, since I'm trying to write it without coming off like a crazed stalker who wants to trap Cat and Bones in her closet and watch them beat the crap out of each other.

Once again, not the point.

I honestly can't think of a single plot point that didn't work for me. I adored Cat. Even when she was in her troglodyte-fashion phase and was trying unsuccessfully to flirt. Even when she was fighting every instinct she had that said that falling into bed with Bones would be perfect. I just loved her. I loved her with Bones. I loved every single one of their interactions. I loved how Bones pushed her and pushed her to be a better fighter and to come to terms with her dual heritage. I loved how he accepted her, flaws and all. Gosh, I just loved Bones.

I totally get why Cat and Bones made it onto a lot of readers lists of top couples. I GET IT! They spark and flirt and have chemistry. I GET IT! Totally. Absolutely.

The one thing I'm beyond thrilled about is that I have the next three books in the series waiting for me to devour them. I'm honestly in love with so much about this world that I don't think I could have stood waiting.

Loved it, loved it, loved it.
And that's all I'm going to say about that.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halfway to the Grave.

Vered Bahaha! Love your raving and fangirling!