Megan's Reviews > Extreme Exposure

Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare

Feb 28, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011, desert-isle-keepers
Read from February 18 to 23, 2011

So it seems this review is part of the spate/flood of 5-star reviews for P Clare's I-Team series.

I started reading this book as part of Super Wendy's TBR Challenge at AAR. March was to pull out of the TBR pile a new-to-you author, and boy, was I ecstatic to have pulled out one with a backlist.

I HEART the I-Team! I couldn't even stop to log on to goodreads and update that I finished reading this book. I am now on the run with Mark and Sophie (#3 in the series). Other reviewers summarize the plots to these books chronicling the investigative journalistic team of The Denver Independent, so I will skip a plot summary.

On to the Xcellent Xtreme Xposure. The proliferation of X's do not make it triple X by any means, though the sexual chemistry between Reece and Kara is certainly scorching. The elements are there: too-good-to-be-true man meets hot woman. they get together and live happily ever after. eventually.

While Reece has no internal baggage, Kara has a lot of trust issues between being abandoned by her father and the man who made her a single mom. Kara still seems to be searching for a father figure, in wanting the approval of her boss/mentor editor Tom, and seems overwhelmed by life as a career woman/single mom/woman with a violent stalker on her heels. In resolving her relationship with Reece and the threat on her life and investigative story, Kara finds herself.

Reece's character hardly goes through any such journey. In fact he's so perfect he's almost a cutout. Hot. Smart. Idealistic. Powerful. Like, how can anyone resist him? But because Kara does resist, Reece is made vulnerable and we can feel his heartbreak and uncertainty. He has his backstory, too, and his mom left him with his dad when they divorced. In contrast to Kara's response to her abandonment, Reece is okay with it and realizes part of his attraction to Kara is how very devoted she is to her son.

Meanwhile there is that threat to both Reece and Kara's lives. How they survive this threat and find their HEA is such a treat! I didn't want their story to stop, and I am so glad to find them again in the rest of the series. Which I had better get back to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Extreme Exposure.

02/20/2011 page 119
36.0% "..& luvin it!"
02/23/2011 page 276
82.0% "...and wishing didn't have day job"