Paul's Reviews > One Rough Man

M_50x66
Feb 20, 11

bookshelves: suspense, first-reads-reviewed
Read from February 18 to 20, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Another fine book from GoodReads FirstReads.

Few books, for me, are so good I can hardly put them down. This was definitely one of them Mr. Taylor has written a fast-paced, action-filled page turner. And, it's thoroughly believable.

Pike ends up going from hard working family man to down-and-out drifter and back to a semblance of his previous self. He is helped along the way by Jennifer who turns out to be the perfect companion for him on his adventure.

From Charleston to Guatemala to Norway to Bosnia, pike is on the trail of terrorists who have acquired a weapon of mass destruction. He and Jennifer are followed by a group of mercenaries (as well trained as his former group in the Taskforce) under the orders of a member of government who wants to allow the terrorists plan to go ahead for his own purposes. Not sure of who to trust, Pike and Jennifer push on to prevent disaster.

There are plenty of twists and turns throughout the story. Some of the violence is pretty graphic (and you wonder how people can commit it), but flows with the story.

I look forward to Mr. Taylor's next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Rough Man.

02/18/2011 page 61