Jess (Gone with the Words)'s Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Sable Grace

Sep 17, 14

bookshelves: read-2011, adult, netgalley-gone
Read from May 23 to June 04, 2011, read count: 1

Read review here! --> http://www.gonewiththewords.com/2011/06/review-ascension-by-sable-grace.html

Ascencion was a supernatural stew, mixed in with some Greek mythology! I have to admit that it took me a while to get into this book. There was a lot of lore to keep up with at first, but it doesn’t take long to get the hang of the world Sable Grace has created.

Kyana is one kick-ass female. The fact that she’s half Vampyre and half Lychen (werewolf) makes her hated by many who think half-breeds are abominations. This doesn’t take away from the fact that she is chosen for the most important mission around, saving humanity from the evils that have been let loose when someone opened Tartarus. Of course, taking Ryker with her makes it less fun for her...at first. All Ryker wants is to have Kyana love him the way he’s loved her the past ten years. He hasn’t told her this because it would completely scare her off and leave him humiliated. It’s the reason he turned her down years ago when she wanted to get it on with him. She thinks he just wasn’t into her. She’s totally wrong, but if she knew the truth she wouldn’t really go running into his arms.

They have tons of tension going on anytime they’re together and it was really fun to read. It was that I-hate-him-but-I-want-him type of tension. The cast of side characters, most especially Haven and Geoff, were all incredibly interesting. I love the fact that Geoff is Irish and got to hear his very sexy accent in my head. The book kept a nice pace and the action/fighting scenes were intense. I really, really liked the ending! It was a completely unexpected turn of events! It certainly made me want to continue reading this series to see what happens next.

(This book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley.com for an honest review)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.