Noel Thingvall's Reviews > The Warrior Prophet

The Warrior Prophet by R. Scott Bakker

M 50x66
Feb 18, 2011

Read in April, 2008

PROS: Every bit as meticulous, challenging, and absorbing as the first volume. The heart of this story is a Holy War, and I love the honest depiction of just how hard it is to assemble various factions and their sub factions and their sub factions and vaguely shove them in the direction of your enemy with the hopes that too many of your own villages won't get plundered before they read the destination. Magic fully comes into play and is a rich and complicate mixture of mathematics and philosophy that blew my mind. And when we see it fully unleashed, it is awesome in the original sense of the word.

CONS: Some will have problems with the female characters, who are often physically taken advantage of. I personally felt is was an honest depiction of the barbaric setting, but I know there are those it won't sit well with.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Warrior Prophet.

message 1: by MF (new) - rated it 1 star

MF I stopped reading this series because of the sexism. There is literally no character who is not a whore. I gave up.

message 2: by Paan (new) - added it

Paan Chhaya hahah, it also bothered me.. but I kinda figure he wanted to accentuate the settign that way..but it would still be nice to at least have one or two female characters that are not just a vessel for the male protagonist's wishes (and seeds apparently).