Sasha's Reviews > Kitty Takes a Holiday

Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn

Feb 20, 11

bookshelves: shapeshifters
Read from February 16 to 18, 2011

I like Kitty as unwitting crime solver and I like Kitty as talk show host. The first two novels focused on these parts of her, showing that she was insightful and funny even as she struggled with her issues.

But then comes book 3, and the author departs from an enjoyable formula - Kitty isn't on the radio anymore but hiding out in a cabin in the woods - and the author departs from what appeared in previous instalments to be the romantic relationship between Kitty and Cormac. Intellectually I understand that Cormac was too much of a coward to talk about his feelings or do anything about them. But Kitty and Ben?! No...unh-unh. That pairing doesn't work for me.

To see if what I wanted to happen, ie would Cormac the gun-toting hunter get together with the mild mannered werewolf, I looked at the reviews for subsequent novels. And guess what? Kitty marries Ben. And I gave up all hope of enjoying this series again.

I'd have been fine if there were no romantic attachments for Kitty, but don't build up one thing over two whole books and then give me something else entirely and send my favourite character off to jail. I am NOT amused.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty Takes a Holiday.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cece WHAT!? And here I was still hoping that Kitty and Cormac would still somehow get together. Shit! That's a serious downer for me. Now I'm not looking forward to reading the rest of the series. But I'm glad I read your comment, I would have been seriously pissed if I kept up with that hope.

Sasha I'm glad I could spare you the pain and suffering. (it seems I've done my good deed for the month :)

Cece That you have =)