Tabitha's Reviews > Girl Genius, Vol. 5: Agatha Heterodyne and the Clockwork Princess

Girl Genius, Vol. 5 by Phil Foglio

Apr 26, 11

bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels
Read from February 18 to April 26, 2011

Oh poor Agatha, just can't catch a break.
I loved this volume of Girl Genius. I was glad to see a pick-up in the action again. I enjoyed the previous foray into backstory, but it was great to have the plot developments a little more integrated into the current action. The truth-serum induced re-cap was hilarious without really trying; I could just see a hovering mother-figure "shut UP Shut UP ShutUP"

---Spoily spoiler---
Maybe I should have seen it coming.. The reveal of Lucrezia as The Other really startled me. I'm still wondering if it's just Geisterdammen folklore or fact. Either way it's one of those little carrot-y tid-bits that keeps me chasing the string on this series.
----Done with spoiler---

There art felt a little different in this one. There was a little more of a free quality to it. It was sort of a subtle change, but I really enjoyed the look. The only question being, was it purposeful or just the natural progression of an artist drawing the same world for a long time.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl Genius, Vol. 5.