Steffi 's Reviews > Her Best Friend

Her Best Friend by Sarah Mayberry

3992020
This was my first book by Sarah Mayberry and she instantly became one of my favorite authors.

This is just a wonderful beautiful book about two best friends, Quinn and Amy, who fall in love with each other. Or rather one of them does. Amy has been in love with Quinn all her life and while she watched him fall for and marry another girl, she still has feelings for him.

After his divorce, Quinn decides to check up on his old friend. Amy has finally reached her life-long dream, to buy the old cinema in town and is right in the negotiations with the city, when Quinn shows up. While those two work on rebuilding the old movie theatre, Quinn starts noticing Amy in a romantic and sexual way, on which they'll act upon sooner or later.

Amy and Quinn made a perfect couple. Even though, I haven't found myself to be in such a situation before I could absolutely connect with them. They didn't jump the gun on anything and their actions and feeling where just really understandable and reasonable. There wasn't one situation in which Amy wanted revenge for her unrequited love, something you find quite often in romance books, which I felt was really refreshing.

This book was like a roller coaster ride. I went through all the emotions of being angry and sad for Amy, when she had to go through seeing Quinn with the girl he married, cheering them on, when he finally, after all this time started to notice her and just being happy when they got their happy ending.

I can recommend this book to everyone who loves romance and wants to read about two wonderful people finally finding their soulmates.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Best Friend.

01/07/2011 page 127