Silvana R's Reviews > Hearts at Stake

Jun 27, 11

bookshelves: vampires
Read from June 25 to 27, 2011

4/5

I really think this book is great. The way it's written, the characters.

This book is told from the POV of Solange Drake and her bestfriend, Lucy. Solange is nearly 16 years old and about to become a full vampire. She has 7 gorgeous brothers. Solange struggles the fear to become a vampire because of the bloodchange. Lucy struggles for the way she's feeling toward Solange's younger brother, Nicholas Drake. There's a prophecy too. Solange's prophecy. It says that the first girl born in the Drake's will be the next queen. Imagine Solange life, being the first girl born in a family of boys. Then the story shows you Kieran Black, a vampire hunter, confused because someone killed his father, ready to kill all the Drake's and enchanted by Solange's beauty. Later all hell breaks lose. Lady Nathasa wants to see Solange, and she wants more than to chat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts at Stake.

Quotes Silvana R Liked

Alyxandra Harvey
“Why are you limping like that?' Nicholas demanded.
I'm swaggering,' I informed him.
You look like you're wearing a diaper.'
Charming. And I had a crush on this guy.
Wait. I had a crush on this guy?
Now what?' he asked. 'You're making weird faces.'
Nothing,' I said quickly. "Never mind.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“He went farther into the shadows to exchange his pants for the leather breeches. Too bad. When he emerged again, he looked pretty good even though it wasn’t his style. And he was lucky there were no tights, after all. He tilted his head.
“You like it.”
“Shut up.” I blushed. I hated vampire extrasensory perception. It wasn’t fair that he could hear my heartbeat or smell my skin or what ever.
“Girls are so weird.”
Kieran snorted. “No kidding.”
“Please, you two were fighting ten minutes ago, and now you’re the best of friends?” I said witheringly. “Guys are weird.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“Something bloomed right then and there in the small dark space between us. I didn’t know what it was, but I knew enough to know it was rare and delicate. And it felt so real I might have been able to reach out and touch it if I tried.”

Alyxandra Harvey
“What got you through?" I whispered. "Do you remember?"
He nodded but wouldn't look at me. When he didn't elaborate, I turned to face him. "What? Is it a secret? Don't I know all the Drake secrets by now?"
He shifted uncomfortably. "I guess"
"What then?"
"You"
I swallowed, stunned. "Me?"
"Yeah" He stood up and went to the door, where he paused for the barest second. "You got me through".”

06/26/2011 page 51