UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick's Reviews > The Highlander's Touch

The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning

The Highlander’s Touch is the third book in Karen Marie Moning’s Highlander series and once again we’re back with a heavy time travel influence. But this time, whether because I’m getting used to it or perhaps it was better written, the time travel didn’t bother me as much as it did in Beyond the Highland Mist and other time travel books I’ve read. I really do hope it’s just me becoming more comfortable with the theme, because it seems I’m missing out on a lot of great Highlander tales.

I thought this story was pretty good, and I found myself laughing out loud a few times. The relationship between our hero and heroine, and for me, one of the high points of the story was seeing (view spoiler) though long over due and not nearly enough in my oh, so humble opinion.

I’m looking forward to continuing this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Highlander's Touch.

02/17/2011 page 35
10.0% "Granted, I'm not terribly far in, but the time travel in this is weak. Why can't an author make it believable? Or at least plausible. Again, I'm not all that far in so I'll withhold judgment. For now." 16 comments
02/19/2011 page 125
35.0% "I'm liking Circenn and even Lisa, but I'm lurving Duncan!"
02/21/2011 page 261
74.0% "Duncan just got the best "set-down" I've ever read in a story. Go Beth!!!" 25 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nissie Dhes, I'm glad you're enjoying these! I hope you love the rest of the series as much I do. :)

Diana~ I didn't like this one as much but I did like the fourth one!

Nissie Diana~ wrote: "I didn't like this one as much but I did like the fourth one!"

I haven't read the first three yet, but I loved 4 thru 7! Have you read the rest of them, too?

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I keep hearing that they keep getting better.

Diana~ I think they do! The fourth had the best storyline and concept. I haven't read book six yet but I should get it soon since it is about Adam. :)

Nissie Adam's book is fantastic!

message 7: by Beanbag (new)

Beanbag Love UM -- I thought this one was noticeably better than the first two, but #4 is where KMM really hits her stride. Kiss is my favorite and I'm pretty sure you'll like it too. :)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm really, really happy that you're all posting and encouraging me to keep reading. I REALLY need to finish up this series. My plan was to do it for the Spring Cleaning challenge, but I kept putting it on the back burner because time travel isn't my cuppa.

BUT, it's not bothering me as much as it used to, so that's a good thing, true?

Nissie I think it's a very good thing. But then, I like time travel. :)

MountainKat I hope you do continue because they only get better from here!!

message 11: by Beanbag (last edited May 13, 2011 08:49PM) (new)

Beanbag Love @UM: the time travel is handled much better in the rest of the books. It's almost a totally different series, actually, with Adam being the only crossover.

ETA: And time travel doesn't play a part in all the rest of the books either, just a couple. ;)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I have all 4 sitting by my bed :)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Beanbag wrote: "@UM: the time travel is handled much better in the rest of the books. It's almost a totally different series, actually, with Adam being the only crossover."

I'm VERY happy to hear that! Though I thought the TT in #3 was pretty good, I liked #2 because there was none at all... that's right, isn't it? #2 had none?

Anyway... ok... I'll start #4 soon, but I'm counting on you ladies to keep prodding me!

message 14: by Beanbag (new)

Beanbag Love Oops! We crossed over -- I was adding something. Time travel isn't an element in all the rest of the books, just a couple. But it's definitely handled better. It's more cleverly integrated in the plotline, IMO.

Nissie You're gonna love Drustan, Dhes! I'll keep prodding you, don't worry :)

MountainKat Kiss of the Highlander has to be one of the most romantic books I have ever read! ~sigh~ Drustan....

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Ok, I'm glad to hear that TT isn't big.

And Drustan, I hear that name a lot! And... Drugas?

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Oooooh, that one's next! Wooot!!!

message 19: by Beanbag (new)

Beanbag Love UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Ok, I'm glad to hear that TT isn't big.

And Drustan, I hear that name a lot! And... Drugas?"

Except maybe Christian but he's more part of the Fever series. ;-)

Nissie Dageus. He's yummy, too. Being that they're twins and all. ;)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Yeah, Daegus!

I'm really getting excited now!

MountainKat Beanbag wrote: "Daegus. He's more beloved than Drustan by many, but not by me. I love Drustan best of all."

Oh me too! Daegus is good, but there was something oh so special about Drustan!

Nissie I really need to get the Fever series, too. I've heard great things.

message 24: by Beanbag (new)

Beanbag Love I read Fever first (up through Faefever because that's all that was out at the time) and then I did the Highlanders. KMM has grown so much as a writer, I really had to struggle with those first two books. I kept plugging away, though, and when I got to Kiss it was like she'd had some kind of writer's epiphany and it all clicked into place. You'll see.

The TT is so much better. It's not at all "Oh look, I'm in another time period! How did that happen?", any TT done is for a specific purpose. That's what makes TT work for me, I think (with Outlander being the only exception to the rule that I've found).

Nissie UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Yeah, Daegus!

I'm really getting excited now!"

YAY Dhes! I'm getting excited for you :D

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick See, that's my biggest problem with TT. If I woke up 500 years in the past, I'd be pi$$ing my panties, not arguing with some mostly naked brute with a sword. In that way, TT seems so unreal to me!!!!!!

I want to FEEL that fear, which there would HAVE to be, otherwise I'm like...ummmm, yeah, right.

Nissie LOL I think I would be a bit distraught, too.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm off to play with my daughters now. They're going to try and make me beautious. :)

Nissie Sounds like fun! Have a good night. *hugs*

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Great review, UM! I adored this one!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Annie! They keep getting better and better!