H.Lee 's Reviews > Wonderland

Wonderland by Joanna Nadin

Feb 25, 11

bookshelves: to-read
Read in February, 2011

This is Joanna Nadin’s first YA debut in the U.S. You can bet that there will be plenty of readers watching out for her next book also. Wonderland was just released on February 22, 2011. The book kept me on my seat questioning what would happen next. The cover is fantastic and makes the reader want to eplore the inside of the book.

This story centers around Jude. Jude feels like she is a nothing and that she disappears into the shadows while everyone else is standing in the limelight. The only time she had any self esteem was when she had her best friend, Stella. Stella is nothing like Jude, she is sassy and beautiful. She is not afraid of anything. Jude dreams of the times she and Stella have spent together and only wishes that she could have her back in her life. One day, she gets her wish and Stella is back.

The book takes the reader through a maze of twists and turns while Jude regains her self esteem and changes into a completely different person. The ending will shock you and you will not see it coming.

I enjoyed reading this book and look forward to others written by this author. The book was an easy read.

This book was an ARC from Candlewick Press.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wonderland.