Sweet on Books's Reviews > Lego Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary [With Mini Figure]

Lego Star Wars by Simon Beecroft

Feb 17, 2011

bookshelves: melissa-y, picture-books

* This is a terrifically comprehensive book on the subject of Star Wars lego.
* My six year old son is obsessed with this book, poring over the pages himself and asking for it to be read
to him constantly.
* It is a cool book with a ton of information on Star Wars and Star Wars Lego "guys", another obsession in my house.
____________________________________________________________________________________

This book is positively captivating my young Star Wars fan - he literally can't get enough of it. The title is very apt, LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary is just that, a visual catalog of Lego Star Wars sets with movie-accurate details filling up every page.

While this compendium is set up very logically for a Star Wars aficionado, I must confess it is all greek to me. My six year old suffers my ignorance as he tries, again and again, to explain it all to me. But I can tell you that the book is visually a feast, with photographs of the Star Wars Lego sets dating back to 1999; it is so tantalizing that said six year old begs for the $1000 Millennium Falcon Lego set that, at this point, can only be obtained on eBay. This is the perfect gift book for the Star wars fan and reluctant reader. As we say time and time again, text is text, no matter what the source. So, if you are pulling your hair out to get your young reader to pick up a book and Star Wars interests him, grab this book! Oh, and possibly most important, it comes with a Lego minifigure!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lego Star Wars.

03/01 marked as: read