Abbie's Reviews > A Cowboy's Touch

A Cowboy's Touch by Denise Hunter

May 03, 12

bookshelves: 2011, thomas-nelson, blog-reviewed, western-romance, netgalley-read, to-read
Read from April 27 to 30, 2011

3.5 Stars

Abigail is an investigating reporter and works for her moms magazine in Chicago. She is suffering from hypertension(high blood pressure) and so her mom sends her to Montana to visit her aunt for 3 months so she can rest and heal. She soon befriends a little girl named Maddy. Who she also finds out needs a nanny for the summer. With little to do she takes the job.

Wade was once a famous rodeo cowboy but after his wife’s death he left the spot light and moved to Montana with his daughter to run his ranch and raise his daughter. So far his past has not found him but will the new nanny expose his past or will he find love once again?

This was a sweet little romance story. I enjoyed reading it. I did find the story line to be a bit predictable though. The daughter Maddy was probably my favorite character. She was just such a sweet little girl and she brightened all the pages she was on. Wade was your typical cowboy with a past. He was still feeling some guilt about his late wife and so he planned to never marry again.

Abigail being the reporter she is soon figures out who Wade is and plans to write a story to save her moms magazine but starts to feel guilty about it as she falls for Wade.

This is a fun romance but for me it was very predictable which made it a little boring at times. This is a great book if you just want a light Christian romance. The book was well written and I look forward to reading the next book due out next year.

DISCLOSURE: I was provided a free copy of this ebook from the publisher through NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Cowboy's Touch.