Jodie's Reviews > Street Magic

Street Magic by Tamora Pierce

2241936
Feb 17, 2011

Read from February 17 to 25, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Gosh this was fantastic! Briar has grown so much! Even more than Sandry! I really enjoyed Evvy as a character she wasn't annoying at all like I feared she would be and her bonding with Briar was really sweet! I also loved her little alphabet how fun was that! Briar will be a better teacher than he thinks! :) Rosethorn was so much calmer in this than the previous books where she was all rough and tumble I like the quiet bond she has with Briar and how it shows so well in the way that she grumbles at him but rarely barks because they're so comfortable together. The baddies were well drawn and three dimensional, I really liked the look into gang life and Lady Z was totally creepy in a really nciely done way!

I always get excited when they talk to the cops since I read the Beka books. I wish we'd gotten a little more with them at the end.

I have to say this book was pretty brutal in some places compared to most of Tamora Pierce's stuff, especially with Briar and the mute at the end *shudders* but it all seemed very in character and necessary to teh story not like it was violence for violence's sake so that was good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Street Magic.