April's Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

This being the final book in the Vampire Academy series, I took my time reading it, trying to make it last as long as possible. I have enjoyed the series so much, I am sad to see it come to an end. Although I was happy to read the author's note at the end of the book mentioning possible upcoming books - perhaps not with the same characters but in the same "world." I am crossing my fingers for that!

I don't want to give away any real details because this is the final book and I'm going to assume most people have not read the previous books. I hate spoiling things for people.

I really liked this book, I loved the direction the author took things and how the story ended. I wasn't disappointed at all. Last Sacrifice has depth, it poses questions - all the books in the series do - but this last one was the most serious, in my opinion.

Particularly the issue of insanity. Are we responsible for things we do while we are in the grip of insanity?

Also, how far are we willing to go for "the greater good" - even if it means hurting people in the meantime?

All in all, this was a great series. I really liked all the books, the characters were excellent and it was fun seeing them develop. I'm looking forward to reading anything else Richelle Mead writes in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

Quotes April Liked

Richelle Mead
“What the hell?" I asked. Is this daring escape being sponsored by Honda?”
Richelle Mead, Last Sacrifice

Richelle Mead
“Ah, my daughter,ʺ he said. ʺEighteen, and already youʹve been accused of murder, aided felons, and acquired a death count higher than most guardians will ever see.ʺ He paused. ʺI couldnʹt be prouder.”
Richelle Mead, Last Sacrifice