April's Reviews > Blood Promise

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Like all the other books so far in the series, I enjoyed this one and couldn't put it down once I started reading it. However, because of this book's particular storyline it was difficult to read sometimes. There is such intense emotions and I felt so sympathetic for the characters and what they were going through. I don't want to say anything specific because I don't want to spoil anything, especially for anyone who has not read the previous books. This one was a real gut-twister though. I was sort of glad how it ended though.. once again the ending was completely unexpected to me.

The more I get into the series, the more I love the characters. I am going to be really sad to turn that last page in the series and know I will no longer get to see them grow and develop and know what is going on in their world. But fortunately, there are 2 more books in the series (that I know of, unless there are more coming after the books that are already out, which is what I'm hoping for!)

I think overall, I love how even though certain parts of the story are far-fetched (but really, what fantasy series isn't?) the characters themselves are very real, they are not perfect, each one of them has flaws and different quirks, likes and dislikes and each of them is so well written that they feel real. Like you could meet them on the street sometime and have a conversation with them. I like that feeling and it makes the books THAT much better.

I can't recommend these books enough, especially for people who are interested in urban fantasy, fantasy, vampires, the undead, suspense, even fantasy-political-intrigue! There's a little bit of everything, including romance, but the romance while adding dimension to the books, isn't so overpowering as to turn people off (and I'm not a real romance lover myself.)

In short, if you're looking for a new series to get immersed in - don't hesitate! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Promise.

Quotes April Liked

Richelle Mead
“Dimitri: "Why did you come here?"
Rose: "Because you hit me on the head and dragged me here.”
Richelle Mead, Blood Promise

Richelle Mead
“If he wants to tell you, he'll tell you. End of story, Rose. Besides, you certainly keep your share of secrets too. You two have a lot in common."
"Are you kidding? He's arrogant, sarcastic, likes to intimidate people, and—oh." Okay. Maybe she had a point.”
Richelle Mead, Blood Promise